Memes are Hoax; pass it on
1. What did you do in 2005 that you had not done before?
Went on a business trip to NY. Wore a suit. Felt very professional.
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
3. Did anyone close to you get married?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. Did you travel? Where did you go? Best holiday memory?
Trip to NY for 2 weeks. Best memory is probably just experiencing for real a culture i've only ever seen on tv.
6. Best thing(s) you bought?
Home theatre system - only to have it stolen a month later.
7. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. Bills. Food. But good food. And my car.
8. What do you wish you had done more of?
Taken time off and spent it with Zenstar
9. What do you wish you had done less of?
Play World of Warcraft. Damn, it eats my time.
10. What kept you sane?
Being right 99% of the time.
11. What drove you mad?
Clients with stupid support queries, emailing me at night while i'm eating. Or at 3am while i'm sleeping. That damn blackberry.
12. What made you celebrate?
Multiple raises. A great relationship. Slowly finding out what's important to me and what i need to cut out of my life to be happy.
13. What made you sad?
Losing a good friend because they couldn't get past their own issues.
14. How was your birthday this year?
Nice. Saw some people i don't get to see as often as i'd like. got good pressies.
15. What political issue stirred you the most this year?
Manto Tshabalala Msimang and her abortion of a health policy. I hope TAC sues her and the health department into the ground, and takes Rath with her.
16. Were you in love in 2005?
17. What would you like to have in 2006 that you didn't have in 2005?
A laptop. A home theatre system (one month doesn't count). Burglar bars.
18. What date from 2005 will be etched in your memory and why?
My first burglary. I mean, i've had my car broken into many many times, and i've even had the damn thing entirely stolen, but i've never had someone actually come into my home and take my shit. Now I've only got to be mugged, raped and murdered to complete the african big five (car stolen or hijacked, check. House broken into, check).
19. What song will remind you of 2005?
Anything by System of a Down.
20. Compared to this time last year are you happier?
21. Biggest achievement in 2005?
Being good at this new job.
22. Biggest disappointment in 2005?
Not winning the lotto? Nothing really, i had a pretty good year as things go.
23. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?
24. Best new person you met this year?
Met some new people, none of them have really stood out. I'd have to say i've been more impressed with finding new bloggers.
25. A valuable life lesson you learnt this year?
Change is good.