Midweek Cuckoo: A Call for Participants
A friend recently asked me to explain why Astrology is bunk. I gave him a couple of the really good reasons then and there, but didn't have time to elaborate sufficiently. So next week's post will focus on astrology, why people believe in it, and why it's wrong.
As part of this, i thought it might be fun to do a bit of a survey. People who wish to participate can send me an email at moonflake at gmail dot com. The subject line should be Midweek Cuckoo, and the body should include only your star sign (or failing that if you don't know what it is, your birth date). I will in turn send each of you a horoscope for your sign, and all that is required of you is to read it and rate its accuracy on a scale of 1 to 10. Results will be published here next week as part of the post.
There are very few rules for the survey, but here they are:
1. Horoscopes will all be obtained from the same source
2. Horoscopes will describe general traits, and not predictions for the day.
3. All members of a particular sun sign will receive the same horoscope.
4. In the interest of keeping things vaguely scientific, please refrain from discussing your results with other participants before posting. The response should be your own.
5. Rate your immediate reaction of the accuracy of the horoscope on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being completely wrong and 10 being spookily accurate.
6. Results will be anonymous. Your individual response will not be noted or posted; only overall statistics will be reported on this blog.
The more responses I get, the more likely the results are to be statistically significant. So send me an email (moonflake at gmail dot com) and take part in the first ever moonflake survey!